Keela Aquilo windproof jacket review
This windproof jacket from Keela is made from fleece material on the outer, with the lining being windproof to keep little ones warm. It’s good to throw on to keep the cold at bay, or even to use with a gillet or fully waterproof outer when the bad weather really hits.
It has a zip and Velcro fastening and has an elasticated shockcord at the hem, along with two relatively big pockets that can zip up and an attached elasticated hood.
- This is a great little jacket, perfect for autumn evenings or clear crisp days.
- It’s nice and soft but very practical so allowing lots of movement.
- Easy to wash (hand wash only), and drip dries quickly.
- We have found the jacket is on the large side with the size 1-2 years measuring 40cm in length from neck to hem. Our son is now three and is still in the 1-2 years with plenty of space for him to grow in to. While this means he is certainly getting value for money, it is worth noting.
- The Cornblue colour is not as vibrant as appears in the manufacturer’s pictures. It is more similar to a navy blue colour.
We like this jacket. Our son took this to nursery and he was warm when they went out on forest walks. He is able to explore freely with the soft flexible material. Now it is colder and wetter, he is using waterproofs instead, but we use this Keela Aquilo at weekends and team it with his gillet. All in all, this jacket is excellent value for money and we would definitely recommend it.
Please note: The opinions expressed here are completely and honestly our own.
***Please note: This is a blog that was previously published on another of our blogs Adventurous Little Legs, and linked to an online store we also had. We have closed these both down. All content and pictures remain those of Stacey and Keith at Adventurous Little Legs and An Outdoors Family.