KEEN Newport H2 Review
If you’re looking for a very sturdy pair of all activity, all terrain, all weather sandals for your little one, then have a look at KEEN Newport H2’s.
Our son had them in time for his first summer when he was walking, and learnt that off path was the way to go! Given the battering he gave them that year, we’ve put together a quick review for the Newport H2’s:
- They’re the only sandals we’ve found that don’t end up giving him blisters or rubs so it’s all about the comfort with these sandals.
- They’ve got a little Velcro strap and adjustable hook and loop strap so really easy for them to get on and off.
- Our son was going from the paddling pool to running around the garden, but they were really sturdy and not slippy at all.
- Quick drying, so if he did get them soaking wet, they were dry the next day, ready for his fun all over again!
- They are available in loads of really bright colours, and have a chunky rubber sole (non-marking) which covers the toes too, meaning that if they scuff their feet, their toes will be ok.
- They are apparently machine washable though we didn’t try this.
- There is quite a broad toe box so toes won’t get pinched at all.
- They’re not the cheapest sandals that you can get so you’ll possibly want to get the bigger size to make sure you get your monies worth.
The word ‘invincible’ comes to mind when we watched him in those sandals. They’re the perfect sturdy sandal to go from pool, to garden, to woods, to the beach and to off path adventures in. They’re really quick drying, just pop them in a sunny warm place and they’ll be dry in no time. The grip on the sole was really beefy so by the end of the summer, there was still plenty of traction left. They are quite wide which meant that little toes weren’t poking out the sides, and the thick straps kept them protected from any leaves, twigs or the likes.
Please note: We purchased the sandals before stocking them on the website and have done so as we are confident of their value for money, comfort and durability. The opinions expressed here are completely and honestly our own.
***Please note: This is a blog that was previously published on another of our blogs Adventurous Little Legs, and linked to an online store we also had. We have closed these both down. All content and pictures remain those of Stacey and Keith at Adventurous Little Legs and An Outdoors Family.